Wednesday, March 23, 2011

What comes FIRST, Love or Security in making Your Choice in a Spouse?

BY AL KING


Initially, people are motivated in a relationship either by the potential of receiving Love or Security. Although Love is needed, it can only be substantiated when two people are reciprocating the action to one another. On the other hand who doesn't want someone that is fully capable of providing and or contributing  the security needed for a successful union.  In some cultures, love is not an issue when choosing a mate and instead its mandatory that a person has the ability to provide security first and allowing love to follow.  

My question to you.........  Are you looking for Security or Love FIRST when it comes to making your choice in a spouse?

5 comments:

  1. Love comes first. Because, if a person can love me and I can love them, then I know they will do everything in their power to make sure that I am secure in every area: physically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually, and financially. That's what love is suppose to do—keep you covered all around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking for both at the exact same time. Love doesn't pay the bills, but on the other hand it can't be bought. I'll shoulder my share of the financial responsibilities along with the trials and tribulations that come with love. I will not settle down with a partner that isn't as equally invested in both. I've tried it in the past and it doesn't work. I just end up resentful of him or myself. IMHO you need a balance of the two. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. People are just falling right now. "Falling" in love and falling for fake security.We have to slow down and follow the steps in relationship. If you're going to be with a person for a significant amount time, What's the hurry?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for the comments, its interesting to hear the different perspectives. Are we collectively even looking for either? is a question I often ask. Can a relationship or union be sustained without neither of the two, and why remain in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love is needed to receive security. Security is easier to see than love if that answers the question.

    ReplyDelete