Thursday, March 17, 2011

WHY BE TRADITIONAL?

BY AL KING

  
I wanted to share my thoughts on taking the traditional route to anything..... Let me know your thoughts because here are my own.

There is a word that moves me when I hear it "Traditional". Who says it has to be done a certain way? Why can't you make a new way instead of following suite and playing it safe? Cliché is expected, it's a natural reaction of the traditional mindset. The world we live in now, people have retired from the notion of being innovative and raising the bar by just plainly watching what works for others and following that lead. Born and bred in New York City, that never will sit well with me because all I've seen in my lifetime are non-traditional practices, trends being set and doors being kicked in by being different. The attitude has always been paralleled with the follow up of going against the grain, moving in a totally separate direction from what is expected.

I encourage you to be a leader of your intentions and execution, aim to be exceptional in every facet of your quest. I'm not saying that you can't be effective being traditional, it’s that we have enough people doing it. We need to constantly challenge and raise the bar, starting with being fearless and innovative. This will not only raise that bar but also offspring into individuality and originality, and then we kill the clichés and cheap remixes of what is being done, or has been done.  So—go in a different direction, take people on a different ride!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment