Friday, April 8, 2011

WHO'S REALLY DOING IT FOR THE ART?

BY AL KING


Who's really doing it for the ART of it and the HEART of it? Today, there's just as many self-published authors than rappers, yes I said it. The same vices that exist in music with many questioning the motives of those that are over-saturating the music industry, the same is rashly happening in the literary world.  For myself, I intend to exert my authenticity and talents to raising the actual bar with my forthcoming non-fiction release of "Let it Be Known." If I were interested in just making money, my focus would be to just remain in the brutal economy depending on an employer to control my destiny. However, I wish everyone luck in their endeavors but if things are done for the wrong reasons it only compromises the art. This was just a quick thought that I wanted to share and I know you may have something to add so feel free to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment